Welcome to the Dune Special Edition Project

This is a project I have been slowly working on over the last few years with the goal of ultimately replacing many of the "outdated" special effects shots in David Lynch's 1984 version of Dune.
The project initially began as an endeavor to build a "proper" ornithopter - one with flapping wings, that neither the movie or the mini-series managed to achieve. However, with the advent of the "fan-edit" the scope of the project has expanded with the goal of updating the effects in all those places in the movie where I feel things could be significantly "improved."
Although I am currently working on this by Myself, it's a large undertaking and if there is anyone interested in helping this project along, feel free to contact Me - We might actually be able to get this project completed with a few more skilled and enthusiastic people!

Regards
Sasha Burrow

If you are curious about My professional work, I have been working as a VFX artist (Among other things) at The Asylum for the past 6 years, including visual effects on all 4 Sharknado films (Mainly stuff blowing up!).
CLICK THE LINK TO SEE MY CURRENT SHOW-REEL

DUNE Special Edition: Showreel March 2010

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Update: 2nd Stage Navigator


(Click image for larger version)

I completely resculpted the 2nd Stage Navigator I had been working on.
I think it's starting to get there but I have to fix a few things like the mouth, tentacle thingies and teeth.
Have to learn how to texture him and such like now - that is the real key to selling a character like this.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. I was a bit worried with your test of mapping the sculpt onto the body because the head really seemed out of proportion, especially with the collar. But with you sculpting the collar as well, I think it'll fit much better.

    Get some decent skin-pulsating because of breathing like the third stage Navigator, and you'll have yourself a real good visual update for the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang those second stage navigators look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I'll have to model the entire "tank suit" rather than just doing a head replacement!
    Going to put him on hold for a while, till I get more done!

    ReplyDelete